Long-Term Disability Insurance Lawyer
A denied long-term disability claim can create financial and emotional burdens. At Edelstein Martin & Nelson, we understand these challenges. Take the first step towards resolving your claim by contacting us today for a free claim review.
It’s essential to understand the unique nature of long-term disability claims and the potential legal implications involved. Often, specific insurance policies govern long-term disability, which can vary in terms and conditions, so it’s imperative to fully understand the details of your specific policy.
Long-term disability claims require thorough documentation and evidence to support them. Insurance companies assess the validity of these claims based on the policy terms, medical records, and the impact of the disability on the claimant’s ability to work.
Many insurance providers seek ways to deny your claim or lower your benefits, as their main concern is profit, not your well-being. We have seen everything from incorrect interpretations of insurance policy provisions to unreasonable demands for additional evidence. With our experience, we can challenge these tactics head-on, ensuring your rights are protected.
At Edelstein Martin & Nelson, we understand your unique challenges in pursuing your long-term disability claim. Our dedicated attorneys are ready to listen to your concerns, evaluate your case, and provide you with the necessary assistance to pursue your disability claim.
Pursuing Your Long-Term Disability Claim: Professional Help at Edelstein Martin & Nelson
We help individuals nationwide with a wide range of disability claims. Our skilled law firm, led by Attorney Keith Martin, has a proven track record of successfully obtaining long-term benefits for clients all over the United State. We understand the challenges of claim delays and denials. We provide the support you need to fight for your rights. Here’s how we can help:
Assessing Your Claim and Gathering Evidence
- Thoroughly evaluating your disability insurance claim to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Assisting in obtaining all necessary medical records and documentation
- Collaborating with medical experts to strengthen your case
Developing a Strategic Approach
- Crafting a compelling narrative to present your case effectively
- Analyzing your policy’s terms and conditions to maximize your chances of success
- Strategically countering common disability insurance company arguments
Navigating the Appeals Process
- Filing your appeal within the specified time frame
- Preparing a comprehensive and persuasive appeal package
- Representing you in negotiations, mediation, or administrative hearings
Litigation and Federal Court Representation
- If necessary, pursuing legal action in federal court
- Presenting your case before a judge and advocating for your rights
- Utilizing our extensive courtroom experience to fight for a favorable outcome
Long-term disability attorney Keith Martin’s extensive experience as well as our firm’s unwavering commitment to our clients’ well-being make us a reliable partner in your fight for the long-term benefits benefits you deserve. Don’t let setbacks like delays or denials of your claim bring you down – contact our team today and embark on restoring your financial security and finding peace of mind.
Common Disability Insurance Conditions
Individuals turn to disability insurance coverage to help alleviate the financial burdens associated when they develop a condition so severe it takes away their ability to work. However, obtaining disability benefits can be challenging, even when dealing with common long-term disability conditions.
At Edelstein Martin & Nelson, we are well-equipped to advocate for clients with various disabling conditions, including the following:
When it comes to obtaining disability benefits for arthritis, the following challenges may arise:
- Subjective nature: Arthritis symptoms can vary from person to person, making it difficult to prove the extent of disability.
- Lack of medical evidence: Insufficient medical documentation or diagnostic tests may lead to claim denials.
- Functional limitations: Arthritis can impact an individual’s ability to perform daily activities and work-related tasks, which insurance companies may not easily understand.
Orthopedic injuries, such as fractures, spinal injuries, and joint dislocations can severely impact an individual’s ability to work and lead a normal life. Here are some challenges individuals with orthopedic injuries may face in obtaining disability benefits:
- Lengthy recovery periods: Orthopedic injuries often require extensive treatment and rehabilitation, resulting in prolonged work absences and loss of income while waiting for your claim to be approved.
- Subjective assessments: Disability insurance companies may question the severity of the injury or claim that the individual can perform alternative tasks.
- Lack of understanding: Insurance adjusters may not fully appreciate the extent of functional limitations caused by orthopedic injuries.
Individuals with fibromyalgia often face unique challenges when seeking disability benefits:
- Lack of objective diagnostic tests: Fibromyalgia is diagnosed based on reported symptoms, which insurance companies may question.
- Invisible illness: As fibromyalgia does not have visible physical manifestations, insurers may underestimate its impact on an individual’s ability to work.
- Subjectivity and credibility concerns: Insurers may question the legitimacy and severity of the pain experienced by individuals with fibromyalgia.
Brain injuries, whether traumatic or acquired, can lead to significant cognitive, physical, and emotional impairments. When pursuing disability benefits for brain injuries, individuals may encounter the following challenges:
- Complex medical documentation: Brain injuries often require extensive medical testing, imaging, and expert opinions to establish the extent of impairment.
- Cognitive limitations: Insurance companies may struggle to grasp the full impact of cognitive impairments that affect an individual’s ability to work effectively.
- Long-term effects: The long-lasting consequences of brain injuries may be overlooked by insurance adjusters, resulting in claim denials.
Mental Illness and Depression
Mental illnesses, including depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), can be debilitating and hinder an individual’s ability to maintain employment. The challenges associated with obtaining disability benefits for mental illness include:
- Stigma and credibility concerns: Mental health conditions are often met with skepticism, making it difficult to prove the extent of disability.
- Subjective nature: Symptoms of mental illnesses can fluctuate, and insurance companies may question the consistency and severity of impairments.
- Lack of medical evidence: Insufficient documentation or gaps in treatment history may lead to claim denials.
If you’re dealing with common long-term disability conditions like arthritis, orthopedic injuries, fibromyalgia, brain injuries, mental illness, or depression, Edelstein Martin & Nelson has the know-how to advocate for your disability benefits.
Reach out to us now to discuss your circumstances, and let us guide you in obtaining the necessary financial support to help you through this tough time.
Disability Lawyer for both Group and Individual Policies
Let’s explore how a disability lawyer can assist you with both group and individual disability insurance policies and some potential issues that may arise along the way.
Employers typically provide group disability insurance policies as part of an employee benefits package. A top disability law lawyer can help you in the following ways:
- Reviewing the policy: Understanding the terms and conditions of your group disability policy is crucial. A lawyer can analyze the policy language to ensure you comprehend your rights and coverage.
- Claim preparation and submission: A long-term disability lawyer can guide you through gathering the necessary documentation and evidence to support your claim. They can assist in preparing a convincing case that maximizes your chances of success.
- Negotiating with insurers: If your claim is denied or delayed, a disability lawyer can help you overcome that by negotiating with the insurer. They possess the expertise to navigate the complexities of insurance policies and advocate for your best interests.
Individual disability insurance policies are purchased directly by individuals to provide coverage in the event of a disability. In this case, a disability attorney can assist you by:
- Analyzing policy provisions: Individual disability policies can be complex, with various terms and conditions. An experienced lawyer can carefully review the policy language to ensure you understand the coverage and potential limitations.
- Challenging claim denials: If your claim is denied, an experienced disability lawyer can help you challenge the decision. They can identify potential legal grounds for appealing the denial and work diligently to present a compelling case on your behalf.
- Litigation support: In situations where a resolution cannot be reached through negotiation, a disability lawyer can provide you with skilled representation in litigation. They can navigate the legal process, present your case in court, and strive to secure the benefits you deserve.
Potential Issues with Group and Individual Policies
People who file disability insurance claims encounter various challenges and complications. Here are some potential issues you may face with both group and individual disability insurer policies:
- Policy interpretation: Insurance plans can be complex and open to interpretation. Disputes may arise over the language used in the policy and how it applies to your situation. Our disability lawyers are here to guide you through those complexities and safeguard your rights.
- Claim denials: Insurance companies may deny disability claims for various reasons, such as insufficient medical evidence or disputes over the definition of disability. A disability lawyer can step in and help you turn things around. They’ll gather all the necessary documents, including your medical records and if necessary, opinions from experts, to build a well-prepared appeal.
- Delayed benefits: Insurance companies sometimes postpone paying disability benefits, causing financial strain and frustration for policyholders. A disability lawyer can intervene to expedite the process, advocating for the timely payment of benefits owed to you.
Disability insurance claims can be a stressful process. You don’t have to tackle it on your own. By enlisting the services of a disability lawyer, you can gain peace of mind, knowing that you have a knowledgeable advocate on your side to protect your rights and help you navigate the complex world of disability insurance plans.
ERISA Claims: Navigating the Complexities of Long-Term Disability
ERISA, enacted in 1974, is a federal law designed to protect the rights of employees and their benefits. However, its regulations and procedures can be highly intricate and challenging to understand, especially for individuals already dealing with the burdens of a disability. Some of the complexities associated with ERISA-based claims for long-term disability include the following:
- Strict deadlines and timelines: ERISA imposes strict deadlines for filing claims and appeals, making it crucial to adhere to these timeframes to avoid potential denial of benefits.
- Limited judicial review: Unlike other legal claims, ERISA claim disputes are subject to restricted judicial review, requiring a thorough understanding of the administrative appeal process.
- Complex medical evidence requirements: ERISA-related claims require collecting and presenting extensive healthcare records to prove disability.
Edelstein Martin & Nelson: Your ERISA Advocates
We have extensive experience in handling ERISA-based claims for long-term disability. Our team of skilled attorneys understands the federal law’s intricacies and unique challenges. When you choose us to represent you, we provide the following:
- In-depth knowledge of ERISA regulations: We stay up-to-date with the latest developments and changes in ERISA regulations, ensuring that our clients receive accurate and reliable guidance throughout the claims process.
- Thorough case evaluation: Our attorneys will evaluate your case in detail, assessing the strength of your claim, reviewing medical evidence, and identifying any potential issues that may arise so they can be addressed.
- Guidance through the administrative appeal process: We will guide you through the complicated administrative appeal process, ensuring that all necessary documentation is submitted within the required timelines.
- Aggressive advocacy: We will fight vigorously for your rights, challenging claim denials and pursuing the benefits you deserve. Our experienced litigators will explore all available legal avenues to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf.
Success Stories and Testimonials from Satisfied Clients
Client satisfaction is at the heart of our practice. We are proud to have helped numerous individuals nationwide overcome claim delays and denials, allowing them to access the disability benefits they deserve. Don’t just take our word for it – hear what our satisfied disability clients say about their experience with our firm:
- My employer’s disability company denied me long-term disability benefits. Keith’s appeal was so convincing and overwhelming, the insurance carrier basically threw in their cards, and the case settled after a judicial mediation.” – A.R.
- “My employer’s disability company believed, contrary to my doctors, that I could work many jobs. Keith Martin proved my condition is permanent, and the insurance company is continually paying what I am owed.” – E.S.
- “Keith Martin got my case resolved in 3 months resulting in a significant settlement. He listened to my claims after other attorneys either wouldn’t or couldn’t listen to me, doubted my story, or said they couldn’t help.” – S.B.
We take pride in our client-centered approach, tailoring our strategies to the unique circumstances of each case. With our firm by your side, you can trust that your best interests will always be our top priority.
Claim Denied? Let Us Help You Fight Back! Contact Edelstein Martin & Nelson Today for Skilled Legal Representation
Our nationwide long-term disability insurance lawyers at Edelstein Martin & Nelson, LLP, are dedicated to fighting for your benefits, even if you have been denied. We represent clients who have disputes with insurance companies regarding their disability insurance claims.